In a year full of hardship, uncertainty and change, Affinity Credit Union remains committed to its mission of “Building Better Lives”, providing $65,000 in charitable contributions to its local community in 2020.
“Building better lives means building better communities,” said Jim Dean, CEO. “One of Affinity Credit Union’s four brand promises is to enrich our communities, and it’s a promise Affinity is passionate about fulfilling.”
Affinity’s notable giving in 2020 included:
- $24,000 donated to 12 local charities as part of our Building Better Holidays giving campaign
- $10,000 contributed to the Food Bank of Iowa
- $10,000 presented to Youth Emergency Shelter & Services (YESS), raised through our 25th annual charity golf outing
- $6,000 in scholarships granted to Saydel & DSM North High School students
- $5,000 provided to the Iowa Credit Union Foundation
- $2,000 sponsorship of Make-a-Wish Iowa’s Jolly Holiday Lights
- Presenting sponsor of the Iowa Wild’s “Tame the Hunger” food drive
In addition, Affinity provided numerous additional donations and sponsorships to local schools, events and charities in the greater Des Moines and central Iowa region.
As a not-for-profit credit union living by the cooperative principles of “people helping people”, Affinity is fully committed to the betterment of the community it’s served for nearly 70 years.
Affinity Credit Union has been serving the greater Des Moines and central Iowa region for over 70 years. Guided by our mission statement of “Building Better Lives”, Affinity serves the needs of over 14,000 member-owners. For more information, visit Affinity at www.affinitycuia.org or call 515-288-7225.